Search This Blog

Friday, January 16, 2015

Wisdom Teeth

Our staff reporter Deana Fishel had to get her wisdom teeth removed over Christmas Break. She is willing to share her experience with us. "When I had to get up the morning of the surgery on January 2, I was nervous. Who wouldn't be though? I was not ready to get anything cut out of me, especially bones out of my mouth! The nurse called me back to the procedure room, and my anxiety hit me hard. Once I started talking to the nurse, I had calmed down a lot. Then it was time for the IV. Once I got the IV, the doctor came in to give me the medicine to knock me out. All I remember was something about him giving me a steroid to help with the swelling, then I was out. I woke up, but only remember getting into my car. I was in pain. My mom took me to Wendy's to get a Frosty so I would have something in my stomach when I took the pain medicine. Once I took the medicine, it knocked me out again, and I woke up three hours later in my living room. When I woke up, I was happy the medicine was working. I took some more medicine, and this time it didn't make me want to fall asleep. I repeated this routine for about five days straight. Once Christmas Break was over and it was time to go back to school, I still wasn't able to function with my medicine head. I missed about two days of school, but I was ready to be back. After I got to school, I was ready to be back home. I was exhausted. On January 12, I went back to my surgeon because I was still having trouble eating anything. When the surgeon looked he had said I was still a bit swollen, so he gave me some medicine to help with that. Now I'm back to my old self, and I am very happy about it."

No comments:

Post a Comment