Search This Blog

Thursday, April 27, 2017

Logan Review

Staff Reporter Becca Matias

This review could be put into the Top Ten category because Logan would qualify for Top Ten action movies, Top Ten superhero movies, Top Ten decapitations and Top Ten tearjerkers. It was so good I went to see it twice and hopefully once more before I immediately buy it on DVD.

Logan is continuing the trend set by Deadpool by taking the X-Men’s antihero Wolverine, and letting the writers be free to take the character to his full extent of savagery and swearing. However, Logan is different from Deadpool as it could not be considered a funny movie. Although there are a few instances of dark humor present, it is not enough to counteract the heavier scenes, nor should it.

Logan depicts the death of the X-Men as we know them. Saying goodbye is hard, especially when the characters you have known and loved for the past 17 years were just brutally murdered, but not before they were able to utter their last heart-wrenching lines. I’m not ashamed to admit that my eyes watered after seeing Sir Patrick Stewart leave the screen one last time, and tears were free-flowing when Hugh Jackman’s immortal character sacrificed himself to save the young mutants. More than anything, Logan reminded me of the joy and excitement I felt watching X-Men the first time, and thankfully through the magic of movies I can relive it anytime I want.

No comments:

Post a Comment